November – A season of Remembering
November is traditionally a time of remembering, when we would normally gather in church to think about those we have loved but see no longer, and then later in the month, we think of those who have died or been injured in active service.
But this year, we will be doing things differently, and although it’s different, it doesn’t mean that we won’t still be remembering them. It might mean you need to take time at home to stop and think, rather than being in the church building.
Here at Trinity Churches we’ll still be offering the following to help you with this:
- An in person and online service on Sunday 1st November at 3pm. We’ll be reading out the names of people whose funerals we have taken in the last year. You can find out more at www.trinitychurches.org/remembering.
- Live streaming our two Remembrance Sunday services, both at 9am and 11am. For those who are able to attend, within number restrictions, you are welcome to join us. For many others we invite you to watch this online. You’ll find on facebook at “Trinity Churches Shrewsbury“
- There will be ways of praying – and remembering loved ones who we have lost – in the churchyard at Holy Trinity.
- Visit churchofengland.org/prayers-for-the-moment to help you pray and remember those who you knew and loved but have lost, either recently or long ago.
- Mark the time of silence at 11 o’clock on November 11th on your doorstep.
We hope you can join us and experience the love and peace of God at this special time of year.
January 13, 2021
January 01, 2021
December 27, 2020