Ten Ways to Connect up with life at Trinity Churches!
1. Join in one of our Sunday morning gatherings. 9.30am for pyjama church, and 10.30am for our mid morning gathering. You’ll find us via our website at www.trinitychurches.org/live, or on Facebook Live.
2. Let us know what we can be praying for you. There’s a small group of trusted people who pray regularly for people. What might they pray for you, or for others around you? Follow the button off the front page of our website called “pray for me.”
3. Get children and young people involved. Judith Clarkson and Craig Silcock are doing a great job with quite a few different midweek meet-ups, as well as providing school assemblies in local primary schools, Sunday instagram videos etc. There’s also Pyjama Church on Sunday mornings at 9.30am and available through all the week. Chat to them about how they can support you in sharing faith at home.
4. Join in with the growing community at Six o’clock live. We meet daily 6pm to 6.20pm, and are currently going through the “Big Story of the Bible”. (3 weeks down, 3 weeks to go!) Twenty minutes of prayer, Bible reading, reflection, video, music… and a chance albeit via Facebook to chat together. You’ll find us via our website at www.trinitychurches.org/live, or on Facebook Live.
5. Seek help or support for yourself or someone around you. For some of our congregations there are really good networks of phone support, with people phoning each other on a regular basis. We’ve strong links with Shrewsbury Food Hub and are involved in different networks on the ground supporting people in that way. We also have a few people able to help with shopping, or a listening ear. Be in touch with me or the Church Office if that would be a support.
6. Dial-in to Church with our weekly Phone Service. For those without tech and gadgets you can phone 01743 298249 for a 15-20 minute weekly service. With a more traditional feel, it features a hymn or two, a reading and reflection, and a chance to ‘do and be church’ for those who can’t join in with services in other ways.
7. Join with others in supporting the church financially. Thank you so much for the amazing generosity of so many during these last nine months. Your gifts are making a huge difference in our vision of ‘growing faith, proclaiming hope and living the love of Jesus.’ If you are new, or would like to find out more about how to give towards the life of the church, you’ll find that on our website at www.trinitychurches.org/give.
8. Join others on a Sunday morning for post-church coffee. There are a good number of people who stick around after our mid-morning Sunday gathering to chat and pray over a cup of coffee. There’s always room for more. Ideas are emerging for a Sunday “extra caffeine” one off in a couple of weeks time. Go to www.trinitychurches.org/onlinecoffee to join when the service finishes, normally around 11.30am.
9. Join a small group. Did you know there are about twenty small groups who meet at different times of the week? In each one there are opportunities to look out for each other and grow discipleship together. Obviously groups are needing to learn new ways of meeting together, and not all groups are able to meet regularly. More details on our website, and look out for plans for Lent 2021 which will offer opportunities to get involved midweek.
10. Let us know how you are getting on. One of the greatest sadnesses of this last nine months is that many of us haven’t been able to see each other in the usual ways. A chat on a Sunday, meet-up in Cafe Connect, bumping into others walking down the road or a play-date at toddler group. Email and phone calls may not be quite as good, but they can still be an effective way to keep in touch. I and colleagues on the ministry team would love to hear from you, how you are doing at this stage of Lockdown, and if there are any particular ways in which we can be praying for you and supporting you. The Church Office phone number is 01743 362399, or my email email@example.com.
Weekly Email w/b 13th March 2023
March 18, 2023
Easter Watching and Waiting
March 17, 2023
Weekly email w/b 6th March 2023
March 10, 2023